During the design phase, the engineering team determines the most efficient way to provide service. They select the least intrusive intersecting rear property point as the general location for a pedestal which is often in the center of four property corners. From that point, the pedestal location is thoughtfully identified based on the following factors:
- Existing underground utilities.
- Location of the underground conduit that will feed the pedestal.
- Proximity to other pedestals.
- Landscape features and/or obstructions.
- Ease of accessibility for crews to construct and maintain the network.